Spare parts & Servicing
Need spare parts for your wood burner? We have you covered!
Bricks inside your wood burner will eventually break down over time. If you notice large cracks resulting in your brick being in a number of pieces – it is time to replace it. This is because heat from your firebox is now able to escape from your fire – meaning not only is your fire inefficient, but the high temperatures the sides of your fire is experiencing, means it is susceptible to damage.
- Designed to withstand extreme temperatures, fire bricks protect the steel sides of your wood heater from excess temperatures, meaning your wood fire is more durable and will last longer.
- Fire bricks have a low thermal conductivity – meaning heat does not pass through the fire bricks, instead they reflect heat back into the firebox of the heater to ensure a hotter and more efficient burn.
- Particular fires use the fire bricks to create thermal mass inside your fire assisting in retaining higher temperatures inside your fire resulting is more efficient burning.
A baffle can be made from a range of different materials – steel, cast iron, firebrick, ceramic fiber board. And because your baffle is exposed to such intense and prolonged heat, eventually the baffle will need to be replaced. This is normal in the life of a wood fire.
- A baffle is important as it creates a barrier between the intense heat created from your fire, and the top of the your wood stove.
- A baffle also helps create a path for smoke and gases to find their way towards the flue.
- Secondary combustion is also created through the help of a baffle, by reflecting heat and any unburnt particles and gases back towards the fire. This helps ensures a complete and efficient burn.
- The air tube is an integral part of your wood fire and helps ensure a clean, efficient and controllable burn.
- Air tubes are designed to be replaced as they are likely to degrade over time due to the direct exposure to the extreme heat of the fire.
At Kapiti Wood Fires we aim to offer a complete solution for your wood fire, not only with sales and installations, but we provide full service options.
Interested? Enquire now with our online contact form.
Contact us to book your free in-home consultation and one of our team will be in touch with you ASAP.